Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry XXX-mas!

One last round-up of photos from our eastbound adventure before we embark on our return journey. Unfortunately we'll be leaving a day late 'cos a storm will be blowing through on Sunday, but what the heck, one day ain't no big thang! Let's go on that stroll down memory lane....







the Kalamars, sans Gina

Next up we got a few weird old motels along the old Lincoln Highway, not a one of which we stayed at, but don't they look cool?



The only thing I know about the Dairy Shack is it was closed.



If you'll remember, the summertime is the HOT time!


I don't think I mentioned this, but a few months ago a Masonic temple near our house was having an open house and Emily and I were the only ones to show up, of course. Anyway, we got the grand tour of the place and let me tell you, if there was ever any doubt in my mind that Freemasons rule the world it left me that day. Unfortunately the temple we were in was NOT the one pictured which is in Rawlins Wyoming, but this one is way cooler than the old fire-station they use as a temple in Catasauqua.



Also in Rawlins...


More motels that someone other than us stayed at.




Viola and the cow........

Awesome 15ft tall art in the middle of a corn field!

Ladies and gentlemen, Ken Tucker!!!!!!!!!!
.

This is somewhere out west (it all sorta looks like this out thattaways).


Yeah, I think I've posted this sunset before but, c'mon, it's awesome! Stay tuned for note-from-the-road, as we make our way back to the town we'd like to think of as Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment